SEASONAL GARDEN CENTER MERCHANDISER– (Sault Ste. Marie)
(Immediate to Early October) Sault Ste. Marie (Great Northern Road)
If you love flowers & plants, working outdoors and making people smile, we want to meet you!
Jeffery’s Greenhouses Plant II Limited is a wholesale distributor of spring bedding and potted plants servicing and supplying multiple garden centers for a major retail box store chain throughout Ontario. Jeffery’s is currently accepting part applications to work as Garden Center Merchandiser in local retail store garden centers for the current spring season. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be considered for subsequent seasons (Winter and Spring 2023).
A “Star” Candidate offers;
- Energy and Creativity
- Flair for Merchandising and Plants. (has plant knowledge or willing to learn).
- Loves working outdoors & physical labour.
- Customer service experience
- Morning/Day Time Availability
Display and maintain spring bedding and potted plants in a big box store setting while driving sales and exceeding customer expectations. This is accomplished by;
- Meet weekly deliveries and unpack product as outlined per a provided plan-o-gram in a timely manner.
- Ensure product displays are customer focused, signed and shoppable.
- Consolidate, maintain, and groom product as needed.
- Build and develop strong relationships with garden center staff and management.
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with purchases of spring bedding and potted plants.
- Support inventory control by providing detailed and constructive feedback to supervisors.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Previous garden center experience and/or spring bedding and potted plant knowledge is a strong asset.
- Attention to detail, effective organization, and planning skills.
- Exceptional verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Efficient worker, fast pace and highly motivated.
- Intermediate computer skills with the ability to navigate basic computer software (Internet Explorer & Jeffery’s Website).
- The position involves considerable physical work including walking, lifting (light to moderate), moving, pulling and pushing of carts.
- Ability to work in the outdoors and adjust to climate changes.
Work Environment & Requirements:
- Local travel may be required between garden centers.
- Access to email and/or smart phone for scheduling and communication purposes and electronic access for completing daily covid screen form and digital sign in process.
- Steel-toed safety boots are required
- Longer hours will be required during peak season.
- Variable Shifts (Mon-Sun availability), Flexible Availability Required
- Variable Hours: Part Time 0-25 hrs max.
- Paid mileage and phone expense where applicable
- For applicable positions requiring travel between stores which are located in city centres (GTA), monthly bus pass will be reimbursed.
COVID-19 Considerations: All employees are required to follow the current provincial regulations. While masks are not required are recommended when unable to maintain distance in doors. Are also required to sign in daily using a digital log in system. Flexible scheduling is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Jeffery’s is an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require accommodation during the interview and selection process.
The start date for this seasonal position will be immediate. Open until filled. Send your resume to Brian Bajuk firstname.lastname@example.org. When you apply, please state which location you are interested in along with resume and at least 1 prior reference ASAP.
Don’t delay. Apply Today!