(1 Part Time Position for 2 months)
Jeffery’s Greenhouses Plant II Limited is a wholesale distributor of spring bedding and potted plants to a major retail box store chain servicing and supplying multiple garden centers throughout Ontario.
Jeffery’s is currently seeking an individual to work on a part-time basis as an “In-Store” Service Representative in local retail store garden centers for the remainder of the spring season (approx. 2 months). The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be considered for subsequent fall and winter seasons.
A “Star” Candidate will be energetic and creative, with a flair for merchandising and plants.
Display and maintain spring bedding and potted plants in a big box store setting while driving sales and exceeding customer expectations.
- Meet weekly deliveries and unpack product as outlined per a provided plan-o-gram in a timely manner.
- Ensure product displays are customer focused, signed and shoppable.
- Consolidate, maintain and groom product as needed.
- Build and develop strong relationships with garden center staff and management.
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with purchases of spring bedding and potted plants.
- Support inventory control by providing detailed and constructive feedback to supervisors.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Previous garden center experience and/or spring bedding and potted plant knowledge is a strong asset.
- Attention to detail, effective organization and planning skills.
- Exceptional verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Efficient worker, fast pace and highly motivated.
- Intermediate computer skills with the ability to navigate basic computer software (Internet Explorer & Jeffery’s Website).
- The position involves considerable physical work including; walking, lifting (light to moderate), moving, pulling and pushing of carts.
- Ability to work in the outdoors and adjust to climate changes.
Work Environment & Requirements:
- Local travel may be required between garden centers.
- Access to email and/or smart phone for scheduling and communication purposes and electronic access for completing daily covid screen form and digital sign in process.
- Steel-toed safety boots are required.
- Longer hours will be required during peak season.
- Variable Shifts (Mon-Sun availability), Flexible Availability Required
- Variable Hours 0-20 hours per week
- Paid mileage and phone expense where applicable
- For applicable positions requiring travel between stores which are located in city centres (GTA), monthly bus pass will be reimbursed.
All employees are required to
- Wear a provided 3-layer disposable mask while working.
- Complete a daily covid screen form.
- Sign in daily at customer site using a digital log in system.
- Flexible schedules are available to avoid busy store times
If you are passionate about plants and enjoy working outdoors in a team setting, we want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Jeffery’s is an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require accommodation during the interview and selection process.
The start date for this seasonal position will be immediate. Open until filled. Please apply along with resume and at least 1 prior reference to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.