Permanent, Full Time
Jeffery’s Greenhouses Plant II Limited, a grower and wholesale distributor of bedding plants, is now hiring for our location at 2411 Fourth Ave in Jordan Station, ON L0R 1S0 location
With an anticipated January, 2019 start date, we are actively looking for an Assistant Grower with mid-level greenhouse specific experience.
- Watering and fertilizing plants
- Reporting signs of pest or disease
- Applying biological control agents and pesticides
- Pruning, transplanting, spacing, moving and cleaning of plants
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Be organized, clean and meticulous.
- Be comfortable with repetitive tasks.
- Efficient worker in a fast paced environment, highly motivated.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Horticulture Technician degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Must hold a valid Growers Pesticide Safety Certificate or be willing to acquire one; and pass a Respirator fit test
- Demonstrable track record in a production greenhouse is an asset.
- Must be willing to work on a flexible schedule including some evening and regular weekend hours.
Jeffery’s offers a competitive hourly rate with a benefit package after six months for full time staff. We’re looking for a star candidate who is absolutely passionate about plants and people. Send your resume with cover letter and references to Jeffery’s Greenhouses Plant II Limited, c/o Human Resources Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (905) 934-0514.
Jeffery’s is an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation during the interview and selection process.