Seasonal: (early April to mid-July)
Location and Positions: Depot Drive, R.R.2 Bracebridge, ON P1L 0A1 – 1 Position
If you love flowers & plants, working outdoors and making people smile, we want to meet you!
Jeffery’s Greenhouses Plant II Limited is a wholesale distributor of spring bedding and potted plants servicing and supplying multiple garden centers for a major retail box store chain throughout Ontario. Jeffery’s is currently accepting both part and full-time applications to work as Seasonal Merchandiser in a local retail store garden center for the upcoming spring season. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be considered for subsequent fall and winter seasons.
A “Star” Candidate offers;
- Energy and Creativity
- Flair for Merchandising and Plants. (has plant knowledge or willing to learn).
- Loves working outdoors & physical labour.
- Customer service experience
Please Note: All candidates must have current authorization to work in Canada. These seasonal positions are not open to candidates currently outside the country.
Display and maintain spring bedding and potted plants in a big box store setting while driving sales and exceeding customer expectations. This is accomplished by;
- Meet weekly deliveries and unpack product as outlined per a provided plan-o-gram
- Ensure product displays are customer focused, signed and shoppable.
- Consolidate, maintain, and groom product as needed.
- Build and develop strong relationships with garden center staff and management.
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with purchases of spring bedding and potted plants.
- Support inventory control by providing detailed and constructive feedback to supervisors.
- Perform all work in a safe manner.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Previous garden center experience and/or spring bedding and potted plant knowledge is a strong asset.
- Attention to detail, effective organization, and planning skills.
- Exceptional verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Efficient worker, fast pace and highly motivated.
- Intermediate computer skills with the ability to navigate basic computer software (Internet Explorer & Jeffery’s Website).
- The position involves considerable physical work including walking, lifting (light to moderate), moving, pulling and pushing of carts.
- Ability to work in the outdoors and adjust to climate changes.
Work Environment & Requirements:
- Local travel may be required between garden centers.
- Access to email and/or smart phone for scheduling and communication purposes.
- Steel-toed safety boots/shoes (green patch) are required.
- Longer hours will be required during peak (May) season.
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend Availability
- Variable shifts and hours
- Paid mileage and phone expense where applicable
- For applicable positions requiring travel between stores which are located in city centres (GTA), monthly bus pass will be reimbursed.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Jeffery’s is an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require accommodation during the interview and selection process.
The start date for this seasonal position will be early to mid April pending the start of spring season. Open until filled. Please apply to Nancy at Nancyh@jefferysgreenhouses.com confirming which area you are interested in along with resume and at least 1 prior reference ASAP.
Don’t delay. Apply Today!