Jeffery’s Greenhouses Plant II Limited, a grower and wholesale distributor of bedding plants, is now hiring for our 2411 Fourth Ave in Jordan Station, ON L0R 1S0 location.
With an anticipated January, 2020 start date, we are actively looking for an Assistant Grower with mid-level greenhouse specific experience.
Position Overview (1 Permanent, Full-time position available)
The Assistant Grower works directly with the head grower and a growing team that is assigned to an area of crop production or to specific crop-threads within the greenhouse. Each growing team is collectively responsible for water management, crop nutrition, pest and disease monitoring, pest control applications, growth regulator applications and for the monitoring and execution of assigned plant management activities.
- Participate in the monitoring of crop development and crop control.
- Participate in pest and disease monitoring.
- Monitoring nutrient status and soil moisture in assigned crops in order to maintain healthy crops.
- Apply pesticides, synthetic growth regulators, and biological pest control.
- Plant transplanting, spacing, and cleaning.
- Record Management.
- Schedule and supervise crop rotation.
- Communicate tasks as directed to growing team.
- General Labour tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Be organized, clean and meticulous.
- Be comfortable with repetitive tasks.
- Efficient worker, fast paced, highly motivated.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Horticulture Technician degree is required.
- Growers Spray Certificate is required.
- Two to Three years of crop specific greenhouse experience (bedding plants, hydrangeas, garden mums, and poinsettias) is required.
Jeffery’s offers a competitive hourly rate with a benefit package after six months for full time staff. We’re looking for a star candidate who is absolutely passionate about plants and people. If you’re not afraid of hard work, and want to help serve our customers by providing a quality product then send a resume with cover letter and references to info@ jefferysgreenhouses.com by Friday, January 3rd 2020.
Jeffery’s is an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation during the interview and selection process.